Monday, August 01, 2005

Deadlines and Debutantes

As a burgeoning romance writer, I'm starting to be faced with all sorts of deadlines. This week (my birthday week), I suffered from a raging case of strep throat while trying to complete a WIP which is scheduled to be part of a Christmas anthology. Not that I'm a Scrooge, but it's hard enough to catch the Christmas spirit in December, much less get jingle bellish in the oppresive heat of July in Alabama. Tonight, I only have 6000 words to go, so I should be wrapping up in a couple of days. Then it's on to my next WIP due by September 1.

But while on the subject of my birthday...despite my strep, I had a blast. I partied, karaoked, and partied some more. Just call me a social butterfly. I flutter from one day to the next, never knowing where I might end up. It's a miracle I ever get any of my WIP's completed when you consider that four nights out of seven I can be found at my favorite hangout, the Riverboat Lounge, home of the greatest karaoke in southeast Alabama.

2 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

Welcome to Blogger. Hope you feel better soon.

Christy Gissendaner said...

I feel tons better already. Thanks, Annalee!